[IPython-dev] ipython1 -> IPython documentation merge about to begin

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Mon Jun 9 21:45:22 CDT 2008

> I merged the sconfig branch into ipython1b.  The tests aren't run
> automatically at the moment, so do:
>
> nosetests -v --with-doctest --doctest-tests IPython.config
>
> to make sure everything is OK.

Great!  Thanks for doing this.  Now I just to find some time to look
at this new stuff  and begin to use it.

> I wrote a first implementation of round-tripping, so a person can now:
>
> a) Instantiate a new configuration
> b) Update the configuration from a file
> c) Modify the configuration
> d) Dump the configuration back to file

This is exactly why going with ConfigObj makes sense for us.  I will
merge this stuff from ipython-ipython1b into ipython trunk soon.
Thanks again Stefan for doing this!

Brian