[IPython-dev] Old 'broken terminal' bug finally fixed

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Tue Jun 10 03:08:41 CDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 9, 2008 at 11:41 AM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:
>
>> Here is how to reliably (100%) reproduce it in ipython 0.8.2 (the bug
>> indeed goes away in 0.8.4):
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/sympy/issues/detail?id=822
>
> Thanks!  I took the liberty to add your comment to the bug report I'd
> filed for this at the python tracker:
>
> http://bugs.python.org/issue2657

Thanks.

> I doubt I'll spend much time myself on it now, but at least they have
> all the info to reliably reproduce it.  That should make it much
> easier to work on the problem (it was really annoying since we'd never
> found a reliable way to reproduce it).

Right. It was extremely annoying, I lost many sessions that way, so I
basically stopped using "?". It is very easy to trigger this in sympy
(with ipython 0.8.2), so I think it has something to do with unicode
printing. Anyway, I don't have time to dig into this either, so I am
glad it's finally fixed.

Ondrej