[IPython-dev] coercing to Unicode error in IPython.MultiEngineClient

Doug Jones dfj225@gmail....
Tue Jun 10 13:57:10 CDT 2008


Hi all,

I tried a simple test of the latest IPython branch and the
MultiEngineClient. When I attempted to connect to a running cluster on my
local machine, I got the following error:

 mec = client.MultiEngineClient(('localhost', 10105))
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
TypeError                                 Traceback (most recent call last)

/home/djones/svn/basin_remote/trunk/scripts/<ipython console> in <module>()

/home/djones/local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/IPython/kernel/client.pyc
in get_multiengine_client(furl_or_file)
     67     """
     68     client =
blockingCallFromThread(_client_tub.get_multiengine_client,
---> 69         furl_or_file)
     70     return client.adapt_to_blocking_client()
     71

/home/djones/local/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/IPython/kernel/twistedutil.pyc
in blockingCallFromThread(f, *a, **kw)
     97                 result.raiseException()
     98             except Exception, e:
---> 99                 raise e
    100         return result
    101

TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, tuple found



Thanks,
~Doug
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.ipython.scipy.org/pipermail/ipython-dev/attachments/20080610/323bea21/attachment.html 


More information about the IPython-dev mailing list