[IPython-dev] IPython 0.9 release...

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Jun 11 19:55:48 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> So, everything that is coming in from ipython1-dev is now in ipython
> trunk.  Barry is going to merge in the cocoa frontend and frontendbase
> from his ipython1-cocoa branch.  I would like us to think about doing
> a 0.9 release of IPython sometime in the next few weeks.  The sooner
> the better, because I don't want to leave ipython1 users in limbo.
>
> I am wondering what else needs to be done before we but the release.
> Here are some things that I can think of:
>
> 1.  Update the docs (see my other email on what needs to be done).
>
> 2.  Test, test, test all the new stuff
>
> 3.  Fernando and I need to finish a few more things in the kernel to
> make it easier to use for parallel computing

I'm mostly offline til next week, but I'm +1 on a quick release.  I'll
be working on the test stuff for the next few days, I'd like to have
at least the scaffolding for testing everything together (that means,
to coherently test both all the new code AND the old) for 0.9.  That
way we'll get off the ground with the new series with solid testing
across the board (even if the actual amount of tests for the old code
is small, I want to put in the machinery).

Min just got back too, and I'll meet up with him next week when I
return to California (we missed each other today).  That will put us
all on the same page.

Question: did you merge sconfig?  I missed the details of that with Stefan...