[IPython-dev] IPython documentation

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Jun 11 19:58:47 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> So, I have finished merging in the ipython1 documentation into IPython
> proper.  Now all the docs are in one place.
>
> In addition to doing this merge, I have taken the liberty of
> completely reorganizing the docs.  Previously, the IPython docs were a
> single rst file, which was really awkward and didn't take advantage of
> Sphinx's nice features.  In the process of doing all this, I realized
> that the IPython docs (not the parallel computing stuff) need quite a
> bit of care and attention.  I would like to see if we can get people
> to put in time to get our docs back up to where they should be.  Here
> is what I am thinking:

Thanks for doing this, it was needed.  For one thing, search was
broken with the single-file one.

One thing that I've been mulling is using the new scipy doc system

http://sd-2116.dedibox.fr/pydocweb/wiki/Front%20Page/

for the manuals as well.  I know it's doable, I just don't know right
now how closely tied to docstring editing (the original purpose) it
is.  Stefan can tell us...