[IPython-dev] Synchronization with Editor

Vivian De Smedt vivian@vdesmedt....
Wed Jun 11 22:41:20 CDT 2008

Ville,

I have updated my branch according to the comment you put on the white
board.

I have removed the ip_synchronize_with_xxx.py file and add a
ipy_synchronize_with.py version that contains the code for each
supported editor.

Now if you want that IPython synchronize the code it highlight and your
favorite editor you have to add the following line to your
ip_user_conf.py file:

    import ipy_synchronize_with
    py_synchronize_with.scite()

Supposing the that scite is your favorite editor. Currently emacs, gvim,
scite, notepadplusplus, pspad and ultraedit are supported but it should
be easy to add some more.

Please tell what should I do to help you testing or reviewing my
propositions.

Regards,
Vivian.