[IPython-dev] Bazaar on OS X

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Sun Jun 29 05:02:40 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 12:32 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mmh, then there's something I've missed.  Because even though I'm
> using the two-branch model, one to keep pulling/pushing upstream and
> one for local development, I'm *still* getting the same folding issue
> when true merging is required.  Basically if there's the need for a

There is only a short time window when this can happen - between "bzr
pull" and "bzr push". Between those operations, you should only do ONE
merge operation (from your work branch to the trunk branch). If you
get diverged branches error when trying to push, just uncommit until
you can pull again (i.e. your local trunk is exact copy of server
trunk), then merge from your work branch, commit and push.