[IPython-dev] Macros don't work in threaded shells

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Mon Mar 10 15:40:59 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 9:48 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I'm not totally lost on this - I can just raise a flag when we are
>  about the *really* execute the code, to signal that we are now in
>  thread that should be executing the code.

I now have a quite straightforward fix for this (that should not break
anything at least):

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ipython/ipython/stable-dev/revision/48

Please try it out, you multithreading parts of the IPython society
:-). Try running _ip.runlines("1+1") on your preferred threading
solution.

However, with these alterations, I think the condition variable and
'got_lock' is an unnecessary complication... but this code is too
brittle to play around too much, perhaps.