[IPython-dev] Macros don't work in threaded shells

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Mar 10 18:04:12 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  >  However, with these alterations, I think the condition variable and
>  >  'got_lock' is an unnecessary complication... but this code is too
>  >  brittle to play around too much, perhaps.

[...]

>  Thoughs? Perhaps this is radical enough to be experimented in a
>  separate bzr branch?

Thanks for spending some time on it!  Because this code is so
difficult to debug and test, it's a good idea to put it in a bzr
branch.  After all, we said we wanted a DVCS to make this type of
development model easier, might as well use it :)

We might find some time at the Paris sprint to audit this code, and
Laurent will be there (he's interested in the WX support), so a branch
is perfect to have it waiting til next week.  If in the meantime Marc
(who contributed the #210 and #212 fixes) has some feedback, that
would be great.