[IPython-dev] Twisted reactor + IPython0

Glenn H Tarbox, PhD glenn@tarbox....
Wed Mar 19 17:35:16 CDT 2008

This is where I started originally.  There's a better fix which I posted
a while ago.  The below uses polling which is unnecessary.  By modifying
shell, you can turn the whole thing into a callback.

A better approach is to use my qtreactor (it sucks in qt but) because
you can instantiate twisted (and qt) and keep the event loop for
stdin/stdout and have reactor behavior as well.

the key with qtreactor is I made a new call = reactor.runReturn() which
nails up the reactor to the Qt application, sets up the timers etc, but
returns the thread to you... so as long as I/O in IPython doesn't block
(which it only does when scrolling more than a page)

-glenn

--
Glenn H. Tarbox, PhD
206-494-0819