[IPython-dev] Docs for ipython1

Ondrej Certik ondrej@certik...
Mon Mar 24 07:50:34 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  >  http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/html/
>  >  http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/ipython1.pdf
>  >
>  >  these are the docs for ipython1 in html and pdf, using sphinx, the
>  >  Python 2.6 official documentation system.  These docs are guaranteed
>
>  And aren't they pretty!
>
>  There still seems to be some reST artifacts in code examples e.g. here:
>
>  http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/ipython1/html/parallel_task.html#quickstart-task-farming

We had a similar problem in sympy with different artefacts. Please
report them to Georg on the doc-sig mailinglist. He fixed our problems
in about 2 hours.

>  Ondrej, any idea when you could have something like this up for
>  IPython0 as well?

The xml docs need to be converted, but I won't have time for this
anytime soon unfortunately. But I just updated the ipython1 docs to
the latest (fixed) Sphinx, so now the search box appears on every
page.

Ondrej