[IPython-dev] mercurial now has free hosting too

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Wed Mar 26 04:36:18 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 2:19 AM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:

>  since there was so much discussion whether bzr or hg, Mercurial has
>  now free hosting too:

I think the killer issue here is Launchpad. We get pretty much
everything for free, and it's something that we can expect to stay
around in the long haul (and will continue to improve). The slight
performance disadvantage of bzr is a minor concern, esp. for the
project with the size of IPython.

Both hg and bzr as-such (if we forget the hosting options etc) are
"good enough" right now, and both are being improved. As it stands, I
think we should stick with LP + bzr for now - we can re-evaluate the
situation a year or so down the line, if need be.