[IPython-dev] Twisted 8...

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Mon Mar 31 20:48:25 CDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 6:18 PM, Barry Wark <barrywark@gmail.com> wrote:
> Being installable via easy_install is a huge win (really a
>  requirement) on OS X 10.5.

Thanks for the info, easy_install support is certainly a benefit.
That doesn't outweigh the cost of losing out-of-the-box installability
on all linuxes, I'm afraid (it's not our fault that OSX is such a mess
to develop for when outside of the Apple garden), so we should find
out what's needed to make the code run with both 2.5 and 8.0. I'm now
praying that they didn't make it impossible...

Brian, you know that code far better than I do.  Any ideas on how hard
that would be?