[IPython-dev] ipy_render

Matt Foster matt.p.foster@gmail....
Tue Nov 18 04:25:42 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:30 PM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 2:04 PM, Matt Foster <matt.p.foster@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I was looking at the extensions and found that ipy_render only works
>> on windows. I added support for darwin and linux (the two platforms I
>> have access to ATM), and it would be easy to add more.
>>
>> I've attached the new version in case anyone finds it useful.
>
> It is useful - however, as such I cannot commit it because:
>
> - the toclip function belongs to platutils_*.py (now that multiple
> platform implemetations exist, i.e it's not win32-only extension)
>
> - It seems fishy to echo the string and pipe it to xsel (does it
> really work with many lines?). Rather, it should do os.popen("xsel
> -i","w").write(string) or somesuch.
>
> So, if you could polish this along these lines, it would be great and
> I would commit it. Not being able to write unit tests is
> understandable.
>
> Thanks for the contribution in any case, and keep us posted whether or
> not you are able to improve the contribution!

Thanks for the reply.

I'm happy to improve the submission and send it again.

I'm still new enough to python that I'm not sure what the best way of
doing some things is, but I'm happy to go back and fix things if needs
be. I'm just grabbing bazaar, so I should be able to send you a patch
next time, too.

Cheers,

Matt

--