[IPython-dev] [TextMate] IPython Bundle Demo Screencast
Tue Nov 18 16:59:08 CST 2008
I'm pleased to announce that the IPython TextMate bundle is in a state
where it can actually be used.
To celebrate this, I've made a simple screencast demoing some of the
basic features. You can find it at  , it should be ready to view
The main features of note are:
* Communication with IPython via the extension ipy_vimserver. This
means the bundle should work right out of the box: just run import
ipy_vimserver; ipy_vimserver.setup('session'), and you can connect.
* running the current file in IPython
* running the current line / selection in IPython
* running the current file / selection / line in IPython with the
* growl notification of salient points
* rudimentary syntax highlighting of ipythonrc files, including
warnings about broken comments
* commands for editing the ipythonrc file and .ipython directory
* built in help
* access from a single key binding.
The bundle can be downloaded from  or installed via GetBundles. For
installation help, see .
We'd love to hear your feedback, so please send comments, suggestions
and feedback to either the ipython-dev list (please prefix the subject
with [TextMate]), or the ipython-tmbundle google group (just reply to
Matt Foster | http://hackerific.net
More information about the IPython-dev