[IPython-dev] [TextMate] IPython Bundle to E-texteditor github port
Benjamin J. Racine
Thu Nov 20 16:51:09 CST 2008
Matt and all,
Have you noticed that this is where things seem to get "ported" over to e-texteditor?
I could be a tester from the e-texteditor side.
Further, I've added some snippets to my most recent download of the bundle. I just need to figure out how to get them up this evening onto a new branch on github. I'm sure it's easy, I just haven't taken the time yet to figure it out yet.
From: email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of Matt Foster
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:59 PM
To: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: [TextMate] IPython Bundle Demo Screencast
I'm pleased to announce that the IPython TextMate bundle is in a state where it can actually be used.
To celebrate this, I've made a simple screencast demoing some of the basic features. You can find it at  , it should be ready to view fairly soon.
The main features of note are:
* Communication with IPython via the extension ipy_vimserver. This means the bundle should work right out of the box: just run import ipy_vimserver; ipy_vimserver.setup('session'), and you can connect.
* running the current file in IPython
* running the current line / selection in IPython
* running the current file / selection / line in IPython with the profiler enabled
* growl notification of salient points
* rudimentary syntax highlighting of ipythonrc files, including warnings about broken comments
* commands for editing the ipythonrc file and .ipython directory
* built in help
* access from a single key binding.
The bundle can be downloaded from  or installed via GetBundles. For installation help, see .
We'd love to hear your feedback, so please send comments, suggestions and feedback to either the ipython-dev list (please prefix the subject with [TextMate]), or the ipython-tmbundle google group (just reply to this email).
Matt Foster | http://hackerific.net
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ipython-tmbundle" group.
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com To unsubscribe from this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/ipython-tmbundle?hl=en
More information about the IPython-dev