[IPython-dev] [Enthought-dev] Control of names in the Pylab interactive namespace

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Mon Oct 13 15:25:32 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Elston, Gareth R
<gelston@doosanbabcock.com> wrote:

> My questions are: where do I need to start looking for what happens when
> IPython is called with the -pylab flag? Or how do I control which names

Shell.py. grep for _load_pylab.

> I would like to find a way to put 'f' and 'x' back into the interactive
> namespace, or find out where they are brought into the excluded namespace
> so that I can try to fix the problem there.

Manipulate (delete items from) _ip.IP.user_config_ns. Grep for
user_config_ns for more ideas.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio