[IPython-dev] html-based ipython output & QTextEdit

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Oct 16 03:46:44 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm planning a pyqt frontend for IPython. Yeah, I've been doing that
> for a while but I finally had some time, and am actually participating
> on the development of the new, glorious pyqt version of Leo :-)

That's great!

> I thought I could do it with scintilla (like the current wx
> frontends), but then I figured using QTextEdit/QTextBrowser would be
> even cooler. I could write the whole output using html, translating
> the ansi codes to html.

> Just thought I should throw the idea here, since it's been quite quiet
> recently. Anyone reviewing those branches?

I've just been positively swamped with work, and my only ipython work
recently has gone into:

http://launchpad.net/ipvision

We haven't said much about it because it's still an early-phase
research effort, but all that code and docs will be public, either as
part of ipython or vision, wherever it makes more sense.

But yes, I have the review and work for 0.10 very much on my todo...