[IPython-dev] ipcluster with clusterfile

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Sep 3 17:05:02 CDT 2008

Howdy,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 2:19 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our old ipcluster script has a remote mode that can be used for
> starting a cluster over ssh.  This is currently broken and I want to
> either:
>
> 1.  Fix it for the 0.9 release.
>
> 2.  Remove it for the 0..9 release.
>
> The big problem with fixing it is the management of the furl files.
> Previously we didn't have security, so this wasn't an issue, but now
> the controller's furl file needs to be moved to where the engines are.
>  This would require additional logic in ipcluster.py.
>
> The main issue is that the ipcluster is about to get an entirely new
> implementation when Min's daemon stuff is merged in.
>
> Thoughts?  Do we try to get this working for the 0.9 release (with a
> hack, not Min's stuff), or do we remove the capability?

We're at the RC1 level now, so I'd like to hold off on anything but
really focused changes.  If you think this requires major work, I'd
say let's disable it altogether and document it, so we can cut the
release quickly.

Once the release is out, we can open again a 'merge window' for more
invasive changes.