[IPython-dev] ipython0 and sys.displayhook

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Sep 3 19:35:19 CDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 2:28 AM, Laurent Dufrechou
<laurent.dufrechou@gmail.com> wrote:

> (in comment it  is said it used by 'exec' but so far I haven't seen side
> effect, perhaps that's because I'm using a recent python interpreter...)

I believe sys.displayhook is directly called by the internals of the
python vm when 'exec' is run, but I could be wrong.  My memory is
pretty fuzzy on this and I haven't done any recent, careful
experimentation to verify this statement.