[IPython-dev] 0.9 Windows installer still not working for me!?!?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Sep 3 23:46:47 CDT 2008

Hey,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to test IPython 0.9 on Win32 in preparation for the
> release.  Here is how I am building the installer:
>
> python setup.py bdist_wininst --install-script=ipython_win_post_install.py
>
> I need to build my own installer because I am working off a private
> branch that has some bug fixes.  Then I just double click to install.
>
> Everything installs fine.....but, there are no .exe files created
> (ipython.exe, ipcontroller.exe, etc.).

I don't think it's supposed to create .exes at all.  What it does is
make Start Menu links to the appropriate "python ... ipython .. flags"
call.  So you should see in your start menu an "IPython" entry with
sub-entries for 'scipy', 'pylab', 'pysh', and the docs (as well as the
default main ipython entry).