[IPython-dev] 0.9 Windows installer still not working for me!?!?

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Wed Sep 3 23:52:18 CDT 2008

> I don't think it's supposed to create .exes at all.  What it does is
> make Start Menu links to the appropriate "python ... ipython .. flags"
> call.  So you should see in your start menu an "IPython" entry with
> sub-entries for 'scipy', 'pylab', 'pysh', and the docs (as well as the
> default main ipython entry).

It does make the Start Menu links.  But, it only does this for a few
things.  Namely it does do ipcontroller, ipengine, iptest, etc.  Thus,
there is no way of calling these other programs.  Also, does this mean
that you can't start ipython from the Win32 command line by typing
"ipython"?

I very much like how the egg creates .exe files for _all_ the scripts,
so you can just type the command name at the command line.

Brian