[IPython-dev] Tag and branch 0.10 soon?
Wed Apr 15 19:22:52 CDT 2009
> Here's the code pending to be merged:
After I did a few things, we are down to just 4 branches that need to
be merged before 0.19. Here is the big picture:
* 1 branch is Gael's. Hopefully Laurent can review it and Gael can
finish this up soon.
* 2 branches are Ville's. Both need some fixes and further work.
* One branch is Tom's. It looks like this branch will be tagged as
"Work in Progress" and targeted for 0.11.
This means we are close!!! However, there are a few more bugs that
need to be targeted for 0.10....
*Please go through the bug list on launchpad and see if there are bugs
related to 0.10. If so, please target them to the 0.10 milestone.
That was we can see what needs to be done before the release.
> 1. we tag/branch 0.10 pretty much now and those pending reviews get
> retargeted for the branch.
> 2. tag now, but keep the reviews for trunk.
> 3. other ideas?
I have a few more bugs to fix before 0.10. Thus, if Ville and Gael
can get their branches into shape in the next few days, I say we wait
a bit longer. Ville and Gael, can we finish this up by next Monday?
Then, we can tag 0.10. But, if it looks like they are going to go
longer than that, we should still tag 0.10 so I can get started, but
they will have to merged into the 0.10 branch and later with trunk
which will be changing quickly!
How does that sound?
We are getting close, but all the testing problems are a little
> My main worry with #2 is Brian's chance to do full-on reorg work, that
> I'd prefer to avoid delaying much further. But if the remaining
> merges are done in a branch and a massive amount of moving around is
> done, they will be effectively lost since it won't be easy to apply
> them into a very restructured trunk.
> Some of the pending stuff is pretty easy, so if people have a little
> bit of time, we could probably merge most of this in a couple of days.
> We can then get 0.10 out the door, with minimal/no loss of work for
> the reorganization. Then we could all provide feedback on the reorg
> work (I'm unlikely to do any actual major work on it, but hope to
> provide feedback)
> ps - I also made 0.11 series/milestones:
> as a placeholder. I'm thinking we might end up calling this 0.50 or
> something larger to indicate the api breaks and an actual move to 1.0
> status though, so this should be for now considered temporary. We'll
> see in a few days when 0.10 is out...
> IPython-dev mailing list
More information about the IPython-dev