[IPython-dev] Tag and branch 0.10 soon?

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Wed Apr 15 19:22:52 CDT 2009

> Here's the code pending to be merged:
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/ipython/+activereviews

After I did a few things, we are down to just 4 branches that need to
be merged before 0.19.  Here is the big picture:

* 1 branch is Gael's.  Hopefully Laurent can review it and Gael can
finish this up soon.
* 2 branches are Ville's.  Both need some fixes and further work.
* One branch is Tom's.  It looks like this branch will be tagged as
"Work in Progress" and targeted for 0.11.

This means we are close!!!  However, there are a few more bugs that
need to be targeted for 0.10....

*Please go through the bug list on launchpad and see if there are bugs
related to 0.10.  If so, please target them to the 0.10 milestone.
That was we can see what needs to be done before the release.

> 1. we tag/branch 0.10 pretty much now and those pending reviews get
> retargeted for the branch.

> 2. tag now, but keep the reviews for trunk.
>
> 3. other ideas?

I have a few more bugs to fix before 0.10.  Thus, if Ville and Gael
can get their branches into shape in the next few days, I say we wait
a bit longer.  Ville and Gael, can we finish this up by next Monday?
Then, we can tag 0.10.  But, if it looks like they are going to go
longer than that, we should still tag 0.10 so I can get started, but
they will have to merged into the 0.10 branch and later with trunk
which will be changing quickly!

How does that sound?

We are getting close, but all the testing problems are a little
disconcerting ;-(

Brian