[IPython-dev] Cleaned up launchpad, trunk open for business!

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Aug 5 03:29:21 CDT 2009

Hi folks,

after the release, I tried to clean things up a little and organize
better the situation in launchpad.  I still find some things take more
clicks than they should, but overall the site has improved a lot.  We
now have a nice overview of the code evolution visible as a timeline
with all series present:

https://launchpad.net/ipython/+series

I updated the pages for each series and retargetted a bunch of
milestones that had been lumped on trunk (I finally figured out where
to click for that to happen) into their own series, so the picture is
much clearer.

Brian has done a great job of marking all new work  with bugs, I went
through and cleaned up everything we had in progress/committed as
released.

As it stands now, Launchpad is actually getting to be pretty useful
for organizing and supporting the running of the project. So I guess
we can now focus again on trunk, reviewing the new reorganization
work, merging any small leftovers we still have that didn't make it
into 0.10, etc.

Have fun, and thanks again to all  who contribute to IPython!