[IPython-dev] Before a patch for LSF support
Mon Aug 10 12:13:00 CDT 2009
> I've tested again and it works with local and ssh (ssh on a remote
> cluster that has a different $HOME).
> I still have issues to get the log files from LSF, although the jobs
> are submitted correctly (BTW, is there an explanation of how PBS
> engine is set up?)
The only real explanation of how the PBS ipcluster works is the code
itself. Basically, it goes through the following sequence:
1. Start ipcontroller on the same node that ipcluster is being run.
2. Construct a PBS batch script that calls ipengine on each node and then
submit the batch script.
3. Get the job ID from the output of qsub.
You should be able to get LSF working by:
1. Changing the submission syntax.
2. Writing your own template for the batch script (test the batch script
without ipcluster first!)
3. Write your own regexp for parsing the job ID
4. Possibly add logic for copying the furl files around or for setting the
command line options to point to them is they are on different locations.
Keep us posted as it would be great to have LSF support.
> Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
> Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/
> Blogs: http://matt.eifelle.com and http://blog.developpez.com/?blog=92
> LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/matthieubrucher
> IPython-dev mailing list
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IPython-dev