[IPython-dev] Fwd: ctrl-c bug using -gthread on windows, with possible solution

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Wed Aug 12 00:55:40 CDT 2009

Hi Pieter,

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Pieter Cristiaan de
Groot<p.c.degroot@tudelft.nl> wrote:
> Hello Ville and the rest,
>
> I'm reasonably sure that it is always an IOError, and the prints might
> not look so pretty when you're not debugging. Maybe this one is preferrable?
>
>      try:
>          update_tk(self.tk)
>          self.IP.runcode()
>          time.sleep(0.01)
>          return True
>      except IOError:
>          return True

I'm sorry this one slipped through the cracks with the recent 0.10
work. It was a small fix but I didn't see it and there was no bug
report assigned to the 0.10 milestone with this information to alert
me.  When you reported it originally I was simply too swamped and
unresponsive, and it slipped.

I've now made a bug for it so this doesn't happen again:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+bug/412353

As it says there, it's possible we may not need it for 0.11, but we'll
see.  In any case, if we do put out an 0.10.1 bugfix release later,
this should go in there.

Regards,