[IPython-dev] Before a patch for LSF support

Thu Aug 13 01:59:13 CDT 2009

2009/8/12 Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net@gmail.com>:
> Matthieu,
>
> Can you do the following test:
>
> headnode> ipcontroller
>
> # Then copy the engines furl file to the compute node and do in a separate
> terminal:
>
> computenode> ipengine --furl-file=[path to the furl file]
>
> If that doesn't work, it is either:
>
> * IP address related issue.  Play with ifconfig and ipcontroller --engine-ip
> * Firewall.  But you said this wasn't an issue.

OK, I have some improvements here:
- I can connect to the controller, but I have first to copy the furl:
$HOME on the headnode is not available on the computenode
- with ipcontroller-engine.furl, it seems to be working.

So the only issue is that I need to copy this furl file to the node,
as they can't access the file. I may have had some furl files left
inside that folder, which lead to the issue at hand. This should be
done with --engine-furl-file=... I suppose? Is there a way of exposing
it inside ipcluster, with kernel_config perhaps?

Cheers,

Matthieu
--
Information System Engineer, Ph.D.