[IPython-dev] [Enthought-Dev] PySide to replace PyQt?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Thu Aug 27 14:03:31 CDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:46 PM, David Warde-Farley<dwf@cs.toronto.edu> wrote:

> Indeed, though with the amount of manpower they're dedicating to the
> PySide effort, I don't imagine it will be long.

And in any case, it will have PyQt-compatible API - so starting to
leverage PyQt "for real" is not out of place even now, even if you
didn't dig the license earlier.

> One thing that is a pain in the neck is the boost::python dependency,
> which is sufficiently annoying to install on its own. Oh well.

That might change at some point (they are also doing a direct mapping
to CPython API in parallel).

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio