[IPython-dev] Useful posts on launchpad/bzr use

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Feb 1 20:59:50 CST 2009

Hi,

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Darren Dale <dsdale24@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for pointing these out, this was really useful information. I ended
> up signing up for the rss feed.
>
> I spent the morning setting things up like he discussed in advanced
> concepts. Here is my .bazaar/locations.conf, which allows you to integrate
> the ideas he talked about in "making pushing easy"  with the layout in
> advanced concepts:
>
> [/home/darren/Projects/repos]
> push_location = lp:~dsdale24/
> push_location:policy = appendpath
> public_branch = lp:~dsdale24/
> public_branch:policy = appendpath
>
> [/home/darren/Projects]
> cbranch_target = /home/darren/Projects/repos
> cbranch_target:policy = appendpath

I read his posts but haven't changed my setup yet, partly because my
typical layout is a little different.  I tend to have repos on  a
per-project directory rather than a global one, but I could easily (I
think) use those ideas with my layout, just by having several
repo/cbranch entries.

My question to you is: do you see any downside of using that split
between repos and checkouts at all?  I like that separation between
the repo storage and the working trees, but before I change things on
my laptop, I'd like to think through any possible disadvantages.

Thanks!