[IPython-dev] looking for advice on a custom dict-like completer

Darren Dale dsdale24@gmail....
Wed Feb 4 10:52:11 CST 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:25 AM, Darren Dale <dsdale24@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I found and corrected a few glitches, here are some improved completers.
>
> Mind if I add these to ipython-extensions package?
>
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ipython-dev/ipython/ipython-extensions<https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eipython-dev/ipython/ipython-extensions>

I'm not familiar with this package, what is it, like a staging area or a
home for code with licenses that are incompatible with BSD? I'll release
these under the python or bsd license, but I would prefer to wait a couple
days on the h5py completer to continue testing it. This morning I added a
feature at the h5py author's request, hw is considering including it in his
next release. The dict completer still needs some work, it punts when you
try to item-complete a dictionary containing keys that are not strings.

Darren