[IPython-dev] Status of IPython+GUI+Threads+PyOS_InputHook

Sun Feb 8 06:55:57 CST 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 02:49:07PM +0200, Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 2:10 PM, Gael Varoquaux
> <gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> >> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.3/qprocess.html

> > Will this give you reliable killing of the process and all the processes
> > it spawned, and this accross platforms? This is important, as elsewhere
> > you can very easily lock your IPython session.

> Probably, it has both kill() and terminate() - i.e. the polite way and
> the hard way.

I saw that. We just need to validate that it runs robustly on all
platforms. I had problems with killing subprocesses under Windows. As a
result I had zombies that users could not see or kill. Coming from Qt it
may very well be coded robustly, though.

Gaël