[IPython-dev] Status of IPython+GUI+Threads+PyOS_InputHook

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Sun Feb 8 15:47:55 CST 2009

> Yes, but that not the scientific debugger than I am dreaming of, in which
> I could do visualization.

But, if both the debugger and a GUI event loop are running in the
IPython process, this would be possible.  The only thing that this
process wouldn't handle is input and text output?

But, yes, interactive viz in a debugger makes lots of sense.

> Thinking these things over, it seems that we should have visualization at
> both ends. To use frontend visualization, we would have data copying, but
> no freezing during calculation and debugging. A good UI paradigm would be
> needed to make it clear what happens on which end.

Yep, we might need this.  I think coming up with a good paradigm will
really help us.