[IPython-dev] Interactive wx/pylab with no threads (PyOS_InputHook)

Ville M. Vainio vivainio@gmail....
Mon Feb 9 04:42:42 CST 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 12:38 PM, Gael Varoquaux
<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> It is not only but these tools. It is that if I need to develop and
> deploy a GUI on all major platforms, and I need it to be BSD or LGPL, wx
> is the best option I have, regardless of Traits. It is also the most used
> in the Python community. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that many
> labs have their custom tools that use wx.

Luckily, with Qt gone LGPL, I would guess PyQt to follow suit at some
point, and the license issue disappears. I'd also assume PyQt use to
increase rapidly after that.

But, as said previously, there is no need to worry about wx support in
particular, since it clearly can be made to work without threads.

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio