[IPython-dev] IPython <-> PuDB integration

Andreas Klöckner lists@informa.tiker....
Fri Jul 10 09:27:32 CDT 2009

On Donnerstag 09 Juli 2009, Andreas Klöckner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm the author of PuDB [1], a full-screen, console-based visual debugger
> for Python. I've recently (0.92.6) added support for using IPython as an
> interactive shell, prompted by a user's request.
>
> [1] http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pudb

Actually, I'm running into a problem here. This is what my IPy integration
code looks like:

    from IPython.Shell import IPShell
    IPShell(user_ns=locals, user_global_ns=globals) \
            .mainloop(banner=banner)

Now unfortunately, it seems that IPython spews a good bunch of stuff into the
dict I pass as "user_ns". Any way to avoid that?

Andreas