[IPython-dev] IPython proposal: getting rid of "ipython -pylab\-wthread\etc."

Thu Jul 16 12:39:18 CDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 08:28:11PM +0300, Ville M. Vainio wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 8:20 PM, Gael
> Varoquaux<gael.varoquaux@normalesup.org> wrote:

> > Would it be possible for IPython to expose both solutions for a while
> > (say 6 month to a year), so that we all have time to adapt?

> You can start adapting already, as indicated in previous post. Just
> adjust the embedding code, and any old version of ipython will work.

So, ... I am dumb, and I haven't been following things well enough (not
enough time). Concretely, what do I need to do to be able to launch
IPython, and pop up a wx dialog not blocking IPython with the new
technology?

Gaël