[IPython-dev] how to contribute to ipython

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Thu Jul 16 16:32:08 CDT 2009

> > Once you accept that this is what "commit" means, your hypothetical of
> "what
> > if I had to change 20 commits" doesn't make sense.  Again, the bottom
> line
> > is that the conceptual model of bzr is different from git (at least in
> this
> > area).
>
> Well, I made a mistake in my commit. And bzr punished me for that.

Yes, I agree.  In some ways, your mistake (wrong email) is different from a
content mistake in the actual source code.  You are completely right that
content mistakes can be fixed by further commits, but wrong email mistakes
cannot (easily).  I guess that is why the bzr docs have the whoami stuff at
the top of the docs.  But they could be more clear about why it needs to be
done *before* you commit.