[IPython-dev] Ctypes based prototype of PyOS_InputHook for wx 2.8 and 2.9

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Thu Jul 16 17:26:23 CDT 2009

Hi,

I am attaching a working ctypes based prototype of a module that allows wx
to be used interactively from *both* python and ipython.  It uses
PyOS_InputHook and has been tested on wx 2.8 and 2.9 (trunk) on Mac OS X
(python 2.5).

It can be used with an existing wx install and all versions of ipython, but
***don't use the -pylab or -wthread flag***.  At this point, I need help
testing the heck out of this (window and linux users esp).  I have run most
matplotlib pylab_examples and they work fine.  I also need people to try out
things like ETS/Mayavi.  The current plan is to replace the existing
threaded shells in IPython with this (much simpler) code.