[IPython-dev] [Enthought-Dev] [matplotlib-devel] Ctypes based prototype of PyOS_InputHook for wx 2.8 and 2.9

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Fri Jul 17 17:31:18 CDT 2009

Can you describe the patch you are putting together for wxPython? or
> is it wxWidgets? Perhaps there is a way for us to monkeypatch the same
> approach into old versions.

There is *very* little difference between my ctypes prototype and the patch
for wxPython.  The only real differences are these:

* A few lines of C code that sets PyOS_InputHook and handles threading
* A wx.App subclass called IApp that turns on the capability and has the
implementation of the inputhook.

We could definitely monkey patch wx with this IApp class.