[IPython-dev] [patch] IPython.set_trace() implemented

Gökhan SEVER gokhansever@gmail....
Tue Jun 23 00:32:31 CDT 2009

> I don't exactly understand what is wrong with your session? It seems
> to me it does exactly what I want --- it starts an ipython session
> inplace and allows you to easily manipulate your namespace. As to
> exiting, this works for me flawlessly:
>
> $ python
> Python 2.6.2 (release26-maint, Apr 19 2009, 01:58:18)
>
> IPython 0.10.bzr.r1163 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
> ?         -> Introduction and overview of IPython's features.
> %quickref -> Quick reference.
> help      -> Python's own help system.
> object?   -> Details about 'object'. ?object also works, ?? prints more.
>
> In [1]: a
> Out[1]: 43
>
> In [2]:

Could you do a whos when you are in the IPython? It says to me the
interactive namespace is empty, which is not right in this case. Later, when
you are out of the IP try up arrow keys, whether you are moving through your
existing IPython shell or Python. Mine acts as if I were still in IPython...

> Which python version and which system are you using? I am on ubuntu
> jaunty, the latest ipython and the default python2.6.

Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Sep 30 2008, 15:41:38)
IPython 0.10.bzr.r1174 (pulled latest trunk just a few days ago)
Linux ccn 2.6.27.19-170.2.35.fc10.i686.PAE (Fedora 10)

> > Other than these complaints, a very nice addition indeed :)
>
> Thanks. :)
>

> > Could you please tell whether IPython instantiation could be expanded to
> > pylab enabled session? (A previously asked question, but just
> wondering...)
>
> Right --- I don't know. As I said, try to see how the --pylab command
> is passed to ipython and then trigger it in the code.

Still trying to figure this out. I wish I knew how to easily debug python
scripts. Is there a way to setup on a specific line? I am so used to use
this method while coding for small microprocessors. There should definetely
be more advanced feature for Python.

Thanks

gs