[IPython-dev] Looking towards 0.10...

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson@bostream...
Tue Mar 10 12:45:16 CDT 2009

Fernando Perez skrev:
> Hi all,
>
> there's been a bunch of recent work done on various branches, and we
> should probably look into putting an 0.10 out in a few weeks, once we
> can merge everything in.  I have my own branch to clean up before I
> post it up for review, but even if things aren't perfect, I think we
> should make a new version available.
>
> Right off the top of my head I know we have:
>
> - Laurent's recent branch, Gael finished the review and it's ready to merge.
> - Brian's recent win32 fixes, I reviewed it and with a few fixes it can go.
> - Jorgen's had some lingering test failures, but once those get
> resolved it can go, he's addressed all other concerns.

The only failure left is one I can't reproduce myself because it works
on my ubuntu partition.

I also think bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ipython/+bug/315392 is
fairly serious because it crashes ipython. I'm not sure of the best way
to fix it though. Is it a pyreadline bug to return unicode strings here
or is this something ipython should deal with.

/Jörgen