[IPython-dev] How to handle extensions

David Warde-Farley dwf@cs.toronto....
Thu Oct 15 09:19:42 CDT 2009

(originally sent to Robert, argh! was expecting munged reply-to header)

On 13-Oct-09, at 11:26 AM, Robert Kern wrote:

> I would really hope that packages wouldn't do that. Even if I have
> the package,
> I may not want their extensions.

+1. Two things:

a) I might not have any use for their package interactively, in which
case it has the potential to slow down IPython for me if it's always
the interactive prompt).
b) Even if I do use their package interactively, their extensions may
not fit my brain.

David