[IPython-dev] Musings: syntax for high-level expression of parallel (and other) execution control

Wed Sep 9 02:23:24 CDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 01:25:09PM -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:
> I have to admit that I've never used functools.wraps, because I had
> become used to Michele Simonato's excellent decorators module.  In
> fact, in ipython we ship internally a copy of it for use in our
> testing machinery, as decorators_msim.py.  Perhaps it's time we use it
> system-wide and put it in externals, especially since he continues to
> improve it so much.  I just had a look and he is still making
> releases, it's now on pypi, and has a fantastically well documented
> page:

> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/decorator

Good point. I new about it, and had been frowning on using it because it
is not in the standard library. I guess I am wrong.

I should point out that it really uses functools.partial (which is what
wraps relies on) to do all the heavy lifting, unless you are stuck on
2.4.

Gaël