[IPython-dev] A question mostly for R. Kern: Apache license in argparse...

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Thu Sep 10 14:04:49 CDT 2009

Hi Robert,

I just saw your post on the scipy list about the apache license, and I
realized that ipython does have one apache licensed component:
argparse.

If my memory serves me right, you've been one of the users/proponents
of argparse in ipython (I think for 0.10 we caught up with upstream
when you pointed it out). Is there anything you'd recommend we
do/change/document regarding our shipping of argparse in ipython?  I
would like to allow people to unobtrusively include ipython in GPL
projects if they so desire, and I hadn't realized this could be an
issue.

Thanks for any feedback, and sorry in advance for continuing to make
you our pseudo-lawyer-in-residence :)