[IPython-dev] Bug handling: launchpad, github, other?

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sun Apr 25 13:07:26 CDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 10:50 AM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2010/4/25 Ville M. Vainio <vivainio@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Incidentally, launchpad + bzr does the same thing ;-) (--fixes option).
>
> Grumble, grumble: I should really have noticed that option :)  I
> typically use 'closes' comments, but never noticed that --fixes
> existed...
>
> Thanks, I'll start using it now!

And indeed:

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ipython-dev/ipython/trunk/revision/1255

It's nice that it creates the link to the bug in the commit page, it
would be cool if the bug page also picked up a link to the commit
automatically (like github does when you use 'closes #XX' messages,
where *both* the commit page and the bug page get linked to each
other).  This is a nice feature, and I see they have support not just
for lp but for other trackers as well, with a reasonably generic
interface.  Thanks again for the pointer.