[IPython-dev] Gitwash: a git/github workflow document for review

Mon Apr 26 00:10:52 CDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 01:34:46PM -0700, Fernando Perez wrote:
> This document should:

> - be easy to read in a short amount of time, without users new to
> git/github having to read 10 different Git tutorials (which may be
> very good, but may also overwhelm a newcomer with information that he
> or she initially doesn't know how to prioritize for relevance).

> - enable a newcomer to the project to download it with no
> complications, but to later transition to doing development with a
> minimal threshold.

What is your target audience?

The document starts right away with editing a config file, which is way
above the abilities of one of my target audience, but I understand that
if you target developers, this might not be a problem.

Thanks for working on that, Matthew,

Gaël