[IPython-dev] Zmq branch on LP: re-created.

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Tue Apr 27 00:32:16 CDT 2010

Hi,

2010/4/25 Omar Andrés Zapata Mesa <andresete.chaos@gmail.com>:

> 1)  is tab completion a process into Queue of zmq kernels or is a simple
> thread?

There is a single zmq kernel operating, and there are no explicit
python threads here (yet, there probably will be once guis enter the
picture).

The complicated question is how to deal with the fact that
tab-completion events can come asynchronously at any point in time,
and a number of bizarre situations can occur.  For example, one client
may tab complete on x which was a number, but in the meantime x can be
reset to be a string by another client.

Think about the various possibilities that can  occur, and try to
design sensible policies for what to do in these cases.  We'll have to
discuss them and implement something reasonable (if not perfect).

> 2) is good idea make a daemon to crash recovery system?

Brian and I thought a bit about this, and we think that it might be
possible to run a 'heartbeat' socket directly in zmq.  But I  wouldn't
worry about this too much yet.