[IPython-dev] Uniform way of integrating event loops among different IDE's

Almar Klein almar.klein@gmail....
Fri Aug 27 17:17:34 CDT 2010

On 25 August 2010 22:59, Fernando Perez <fperez.net@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Almar Klein <almar.klein@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On whether I'd be allowed to use the BSD license, I found this exception
> > the GPL license, that is used by both Nokia and Riverbank:
> > http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/license-gpl-exceptions.html
> >
> > As for as I can see, item 2 (at the bottom) covers it already, because
> IEP
> > links to the precompiled binaries.
> >

> I'm no lawyerr by any stretch of the imagination, but it seems to me
> that you comply with 1A, 1B and 1C, so that you are indeed allowed to
> use the BSD license (just like ipython or matplotlib do, both of which
> have small amounts of Qt-using code in them).

Allrighty. I've thought about this for the past couple of days, and read
some information on the internet. I've concluded that you're right and
have decided that I will change IEP's license to BSD in the next release,
and also for my visualization project <http://code.google.com/p/visvis/>. So
thank you for bringing this to my attention :)

Cheers,
  Almar