[IPython-dev] isympy doesn't work with the new ipython-dev

Hans Meine hans_meine@gmx....
Wed Feb 10 02:06:56 CST 2010

On Mittwoch 10 Februar 2010, Fernando Perez wrote:
> Erik, it's worth mentioning we've been mulling the idea of allowing
> profiles to reside in third-party projects.  Something like
>
> iptyhon -p sympy:isympy
>
> would make IPython look for
>
> sympy/ipython/profile/ipython_config_isympy.py
>
> [...]
> We'd like to get feedback on this idea.

What kind of feedback are you waiting for?

That idea is terrific! :-)

I am sure that *many* projects will be interested in this - I for sure will
use it with some of my own software!  (OK, I guess it would already be
possible to install some minimal executable which does the equivalent of
starting ipython and loading some profile, but this seems to be easier to set
up.)

Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.
    /  / ANS                                                  ooo

PS: I dislike the change of the executable name though. ;-P