[IPython-dev] [newbie] stepping through code using the 1/0 trick?

Lara Michaels laramichaels1978@yahoo....
Wed Jan 6 11:16:48 CST 2010

hi everyone,

I have watched the excellent video tutorial on debugging with ipython, but I cannot get a hang of how to use it to step through code. I am using the trick of inserting 1/0 in my code where I want the debugger to come up.

Then I get pdb (as expected), but if I try the n(ext) or s(tep) commands I am immediately dropped back onto the "normal" ipython shell.

Is there a way to step through code without importing pdb and using set_trace()?

thank you for any help

lara