[IPython-dev] A request for help reviewing/testing a branch

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Jan 9 21:08:47 CST 2010

Hi folks,

The good news is that things are looking very promising.  The code in
this branch (review link):

https://code.launchpad.net/~fdo.perez/ipython/trunk-dev/+merge/16695

now passes a full test suite, runs and behaves very well as far as I
can tell, and has a lot of internal improvements as well as some very
nice user-facing things (new config system, run-time support for guis
and matplotlib, ...).

But I've been coding like a maniac, and there's a LOT in there, so it
would be really useful if we could get more eyes on this thing.  I
know Brian has been pounding on it, but it would be great if others
could pitch in to give him a hand as well.  Don't be intimidated by
the size of the diff, even if you just test it on your system and
report, that's *very* useful to us.  If you have a launchpad account
you can add your review with the above link, but if not just reply on
this thread, any feedback you provide will be beneficial.

Once this gets merged in, we'll be looking at putting IPython out for
broader testing as well, and then we can make a release plan for 0.11.

Thanks!